Protien Kale Salad Recipe:
Prep-Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
2 cups baby kale
1 cup chopped raw zucchini
1/2 cup cubed extra firm tofu
1/4 cup chopped celery
1 medium tomato
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp garlic powder
2 tbspnutritional yeast (optional)
salt and pepper to taste
balsamic salad dressing to taste
2 tbsp hemp seeds (optional)
1 tbsp cooking oil
- Chop kale, tomato, celery, and zucchini to desired size and set aside
- Cut tofu into 1 inch cubes and set aside
- Preheat fry pan on medium heat and add desired cooking oil.
- Once heated, add cubed tofu, cumin, paprika, garlic powder, lime juice to the cool until lightly browned.
- Add chopped zucchini. Cook until zucchini is tender,
- While tofu and zucchini cook, prep the rest of your salad. In a small mixing bowl, add kale and rest of lime juice, and massage kale until slightly wilted. (This makes the kale easier for your belly to digest and is easier to chew.)
- Add tomato, celery, hemp seeds, salt and pepper (to taste), cilantro, nutritional yeast.
- Add tofu and zucchini once cooked and add balsamic to taste.
- Toss and enjoy!
Why Should I Eat This?
Salads are amazing ways to get your protein and daily nutrients. Remember that it is important to maintain a balanced diet and to eat a wide variety of foods. It is always a good thing to know what you are eating!
Health Benefits of your meal:
Kale is low in calories and high in fiber. Zucchini’s are a great way to get your fill of Vitamin A, magnesium folate, phosphorus, and potassium. They are also a great source of omega-3 and calcium. Tofu is a great meat replacement for protein and amino acids. It also helps you to feel fuller for the rest of the day. The Lime juice improves digestion as well as aiding in weight-loss and clear skin. Celery contains antioxidants as well as adding a nice refreshing crunch to your salad. Tomatoes contain an antioxidant called lycopene, which has been known to reduce the risk of heart disease and cancer! Hemp seeds are full of healthy fats and are also a great protein source. Nutritional yeast is a great source of B12. The various spices all contain minerals that help your body work better all together.