Hello all my beautiful readers. No matter what religion, color, height, shape, or size you are…there is one thing we can hopefully all agree with: The world needs help. Whether it be based in morals or clean water…we desperately need change.
Whether you believe that Jesus will be our saving grace or that we are at the mercy of human behavior…I believe that it wouldn’t hurt to make our part of the world a little brighter. I respectfully would like to say that our personal beliefs do not give us the excuse to ignore problems we are faced with.
My personal belief is that faith is necessary. I also believe action in necessary. I do not believe mankind has the ability to save the world single-handedly, however, I believe that we have a large responsibility to help and to do our parts. So, pray to whomever listens to your prayers and stand up. We have work to do.
Where Can We Start?
Things That Take Little To No Money…Just Time:
- Go for a daily walk with a bag and fill it with trash. Recycle appropriately. Taking the time to clean up your neighborhood may seem small…but it is a start…and a great one. I will be posting daily stories on my Instagram: @thekayteablevegan. I don’t want to just preach…I want to show by example. So join me on you’re very own daily walk and share with me all the amazing work you do!
- Remember to replace your plastics with environmentally-friendly products. Togo cups, plastic grocery bags, straws…replace them with your own reusable products! It takes time to get used to…and you won’t get it perfect. Not even close. But that is not a good reason to not try! You can do it!
- Talk. Talking about topics that are a bit…”risky” with friends and family is scary and intimidating. No one wants to be the odd one out. I completely understand. But communication is how information spreads. forget the gossip and let’s talk about what really matters.
Things That Take Will Power:
- GO VEGAN>>>OR EAT LESS ANIMAL PRODUCTS: Did I go cold turkey and stop eating the turkey? No. I understand that it is a complete lifestyle change. Watch this video for more information about how going vegan helps A LOT. Do you’re own research. DO NOT just take my word for it.
- Recycle. Now I understand that sometimes your location gives you crap luck with recycling. The town I live in has stopped making that action easy. Buy products with less plastic. Get whole foods. Compost your food! It all helps! Takes a lot of work! And again, expecting yourself to be perfect is ridiculous…but effort is better than no effort.
- Do your research. Take time to learn about the things you can do to help the world around you. Knowledge is power. This is something I rather lack. I solemnly swear to work on that myself with you.
Things That Take a Bit of Money:
(Disclaimer: I understand if you cannot currently afford to donate. I myself cannot currently do that. This is simply an option. ❤ Kayte)
- Help the Ocean: 4Ocean Campaign The Ocean Cleanup Project Plastic Oceans
- Help the Environment: (A website with a list of sites!)
- Help Flint, Michigan! Donate! Learn about the issue!
- LGBTQ+ The Trevor Project Pride Foundation
- Mental Health/ Suicide Prevention: 11 Organizations To Donate To
This is just the tip of the melting iceburg! But a start is a start! If you want to share ways you can, are, or want to contribute…leave it in the comments or tag @thekayteablevegan on instagram. I would love to hear from you!
That is all for tonight! See you all Friday!