Happy Wednesday everybody! Today is a very special Wednesday as it is my little brother’s birthday today! He is turning the “Big 6” years old today and boy, has it been a short six years.
So, in honor of my baby brother here is 6 things that he has taught me:
- A good sense of humor gets you a long way. He is always teasing and making people smile. He is pretty quick witted and doesn’t hesitate to clap back with a good joke.
- Farts are still funny. As an adult…we tend to be uptight about the little butt laughs that escape the cheeks on occasion. But as he is a 6 year old boy…he reminds me that it’s okay to …uh…let loose.
- Creativity makes life so much more exciting. While it gets him in trouble sometimes…he has a very inventive brain with lots of imagination to go around.
- Enjoy the little things. Sometimes as we get older we forget that even the things we can buy ourselves or have whenever we want…can still be appreciated. The soda on Saturdays or the sneaky piece of candy can still bring a smile to our faces.
- Don’t be afraid to make new friends. This kid…can make friends anywhere. He might not remember their names…but anywhere and at anytime…he can find a way to make friends and have a good time.
- Be willing to learn. He is such a smart little nugget and I think that so often he is so willing to try new things and help with new projects. He is a perfect little example of what happens when we open ourselves to new experiences be willing to make mistakes.
Happy birthday baby brother. I hope your birthday is everything a six year old boy’s heart could possibly want.
Love your messy sister that loves you oh so very much,